Journalistic Roles, Values and Qualifications in the 21st century, Nordic data collection
SND-ID: 2022-122-1. Version: 1. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5878/k13a-mx27
Maarit Jaakkola - University of Gothenburg, Nordicom
University of Gothenburg - Nordicom
The survey data is available as a SPSS file (.sav) and a comma-separated text file (.csv).
Data contains personal data
Type of personal data
Pseudonymized survey data. Raw data containing IP addresses and location (city) of respondents are preserved elsewhere.
Code key exists
Unit of analysis
Journalism educators in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway
Time period(s) investigated
2020-01-01 – 2020-12-31
Number of individuals/objects
Response rate/participation rate
Data format / data structure
- Mode of collection: Self-administered questionnaire
- Description of the mode of collection: Survey
- Time period(s) for data collection: 2020-01-07 – 2020-01-28
- Data collector: Nordicom, University of Gothenburg
- Instrument: (Data collection guidelines)
- Sample size: 354
- Number of responses: 115
- Non response size: 239
- Cause of non response - No contact/refusal: 239
- Source of the data: Population group
Panu Uotila - University of Jyväskylä, Department of Language and Communication Studies
Jaakkola M, Uotila P. Exploring the Normative Foundation of Journalism Education: Nordic Journalism Educators’ Conceptions of Future Journalism and Professional Qualifications. Journalism and Media. 2022;3(3):436-452.
If you have published anything based on these data, please notify us with a reference to your publication(s). If you are responsible for the catalogue entry, you can update the metadata/data description in DORIS.