Access to data via
Wivica Kauppi - University of Borås, Department of Caring Science
University of Borås - PreHospen, Centre for prehospital research
Data contains personal data
Sensitive personal data
Type of personal data
Information on health status, personal identity number, ambulance mission id
Unit of analysis
Patients with dyspnoea as the main symptom within ambulance care.
Cohort study: Retrospective
Description of study design
Retrospective observational study
Criteria in detail:
1) a primary mission in which a patient (or e.g. a family member that represents the patient) calls the dispatch centre, an ambulance is dispatched and 2) the assignment of an ESS code of 04 (dyspnoea) is made by the PEN.
The exclusion criteria were as follows:
1) lack of a personal identity number, 2) transportation to hospitals outside the research area, 3) age < 16 years, 4) duplicate EMS records, 5) missing record or lack of information, 6) incorrect triage (ESS), and 7) secondary transport use.
Time period(s) investigated
2017-01-01 – 2017-12-31
Number of individuals/objects
- Mode of collection: Observation
- Description of the mode of collection: Observation of medical patient journals
- Time period(s) for data collection: 2017-01-01 – 2017-12-31
- Data collector: University of Borås
- Instrument: Observation guide form for data entry (Data collection guidelines: Observation guide)
- Sample size: 7260
- Source of the data: Registers/Records/Accounts
Geographic location: Sweden
PreHospen, Centre for prehospital research
Gothenburg - Ref. 989-17
Kauppi, W., Herlitz, J., Magnusson, C., Palmér, L., & Axelsson, C. (2020). Characteristics and outcomes of patients with dyspnoea as the main symptom, assessed by prehospital emergency nurses - a retrospective observational study. In BMC Emergency Medicine (Vol. 20, Issue 1, 67).
Kauppi, W., Herlitz, J., Thomas, K., Magnusson, C., Palmér, L., & Axelsson, C. (2020). Pre-hospital predictors of an adverse outcome among patients with dyspnoea as the main symptom assessed by prehospital emergency nurses - a retrospective observational study. In BMC Emergency Medicine (Vol. 20, Issue 1, 89).
Kauppi, W. (2022). Kampen mot det okontrollerbara vid existensens gräns : Patienten med andnöd i behov av ambulanssjukvård. (Skrifter från Högskolan i Borås, 127). Borås, Högskolan i Borås.
If you have published anything based on these data, please notify us with a reference to your publication(s). If you are responsible for the catalogue entry, you can update the metadata/data description in DORIS.