Free church movement 1881-1950
SND-ID: snd0209-75. Version: 1.0. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5878/002697
Sven Lundkvist - Uppsala University, Department of History
Carl-Göran Andrae - Uppsala University, Department of History
Uppsala University - Department of History
The Popular Movement Archive includes information on four denominations, six temperance movements, 59 trade unions and one political party, a total of 70 popular movements. For each of these, a special rectangular file has been created, covering the entire country, and comprising 2,576 units, the same number as in Swedish electoral data 1911-1944.
For further information see the document: SSD:s omorganisation av Folkrörelsearkivet 1881-1950
Data contains personal data
Unit of analysis
The local organizations of the free church movement 188-1950
Time period(s) investigated
1881 – 1950
Number of individuals/objects
Data format / data structure
- Mode of collection: Aggregation
- Description of the mode of collection: The source material from the Popular Movement Archive 1881–1950 has been organized in accordance with a division of the country which mainly coincides with the municipal division before 1952 with towns and rural municipalities. This aggregation means that the number of members no longer applies to an individual association, but to a group of associations that have in common that they belong to one and the same popular movement and exist within one and the same geographical area, i.e., one of the 2,576 units in the material. In addition, estimates of the number of members have been made for the years where information is missing.
- Time period(s) for data collection: 1881 – 1950
- Data collector: Swedish social science data service
- Source of the data: Research data: Published, Research data
Geographic location: Sweden
Lowest geographic unit
Highest geographic unit
Department of History
Other research principals
Andrae, C. G., & Lundkvist, S. (1984) Arbetarhistoria, meddelanden från arbetarrörelsens arkiv och bibliotek; No. 31-32 1984.
If you have published anything based on these data, please notify us with a reference to your publication(s). If you are responsible for the catalogue entry, you can update the metadata/data description in DORIS.