The EUDAT (European Data Infrastructure) initiative will hold its first conference on 22-24 October 2012 in Barcelona, Spain.
The aim of this conference is to bring together data infrastructure providers, practitioners and users coming from various regions of the globe to discuss current data infrastructure challenges and solutions, with a clear focus on interoperability, cross-disciplinarity and cross border collaboration.
Plenary and parallel sessions will be organized on 23-24 October around the following topics:
- Global Collaboration on Data Infrastructures
- Cross-Disciplinarity and Open Science
- EUDAT Services and Technologies (data replication, data staging, metadata, AAI, persistent identifiers, etc.)
- ESFRI Cluster Initiatives
- European e-Infrastructure Collaboration
- Data Infrastructure Sustainability
Training tutorials will be provided on 22 October and a poster exhibition will take place on 23 October (participants wishing to feature their project poster are invited to follow the submission process on the website).
A draft programme is available on the EUDAT website, together with the registration details and information about the venue and accommodation.