SND's new steering committee appointed
SND has a new steering committee for the period 2013 – 2015. In the process of appointment, it was important to ensure that the steering committee has a broad composition in relation to gender, geographical location, and scientific expertise in SND areas.
At the new steering committee's first meeting in Göteborg, 13 September, SND's operational plan and future organization will be discussed. One of the committee's tasks is to participate in the efforts to further enhance SND's mission as a national infrastructure and service organization for Swedish research in the humanities, medicine and social sciences.
New chairman of SND will be Anders Brändström from the Demographic Database at Umeå University. The other members of the steering committee are:
• Marie Beckman Suurküla, medicine, Nordic School of Public Health
• Lars Borin, linguistics, University of Gothenburg
• Sverker Holmgren, e-science, NordForsk
• Staffan Marklund, working life sciences, Karolinska Institutet
• Nancy Pedersen, epidemiology, Karolinska Institutet
• Stefan Svallfors, sociology, Umeå University
• Elizabeth Thomson, demography, Stockholm University