Within the CESSDA framework, researchers and other research data management support staff can find plenty of resources that may simplify their work and provide opportunities for training and education. As a way of spreading the knowledge about these tools, GESIS and CESSDA host the CESSDA Training Days in Cologne on 27–28 November. There will be two tracks of training events: one directed toward researchers and one directed toward other data management service providers, for instance in repositories or research support units.
Some tools and services for researchers that will be adressed:
- Harmonisation of Variables
- Geodata Referencing with the ESS Case Study
- Data linking – Surveys, Social Media, and Geodata
The programme for service providers and repository staff includes sessions on:
- Introduction to Digital Preservation
- Preparing Metadata for the CESSDA Data Catalogue
- CESSDA Vocabulary Services (controlled vocabularies)
- Documentation and Metadata for Geodata
- Documentation and Metadata for Social Media Data
The training days will have materials on both introductory and advanced levels, and include presentations, demonstrations, video, and workshops. Read more and register on the GESIS web site for the event.